Here it is ! Finally ! Our second collective playlist is up folks.
We dealed with the pandemic theme on the #U2SongChallenge back during lockdown but it’s sadly still quite relevant. And hopefully, it won’t be for too long ! But just in case the world is actually ending, we might as well go down with some good tunes !
As always, I advise to activate shuffle mode for this. I’ve been trying to find a decent order for those songs but I’m no music expert – and what I enjoy is just my personal taste.
But eh you know… Shuffle, don’t shuffle. That’s entirely up to you ! – Yes, I’m looking at you M. – Just don’t complain afterwards !
For those who missed the first one – you can find the full story about those playlists right here.
Until the end of the world guys ! That’s what we pledged to, right ?
Full listing below – and a little extra something for those who will scroll past that.
Until The End Of The World Playlist
Duration : 3 hours 7 minutes
- Zooropa – ‘Zooropa’
- Your Blue Room – From ‘Beyond The Clouds’ – Passengers Original Soundtracks 1
- Invisible – (RED) Edit
- Stay (Faraway, So Close!) – Zooropa
- So Cruel – Achtung Baby
- If God Will Send His Angels – Pop
- One Step Closer – How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
- Some Days Are Better Than Others – Zooropa
- Mysterious Ways – Achtung Baby (Deluxe Edition)
- The Blackout – Songs Of Experience (Deluxe Edition)
- I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight – No Line On The Horizon
- I Will Follow – The Best of 1980-1990
- 11 O’Clock Tick Tock – Boy (Deluxe Edition Remastered)
- The Fly – Achtung Baby
- Until The End Of The World – Achtung Baby
- New York – All That You Can’t Leave Behind
- Lights Of Home – Songs Of Experience (Deluxe Edition)
- Breathe – No Line On The Horizon
- Dirty Day – Zooropa
- Stuck In A Moment You Can’t Get Out Of – All That You Can’t Leave Behind
- Miracle Drug – How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
- Surrender – War (Deluxe Edition Remastered)
- Please – Pop
- Moment Of Surrender – No Line On The Horizon
- With Or Without You – Remastered – The Joshua Tree (Super Deluxe)
- Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own – How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
- In A Little While – All That You Can’t Leave Behind
- Staring At The Sun – Pop
- Kite – All That You Can’t Leave Behind
- Last Night On Earth – Pop
- Mothers Of The Disappeared – The Joshua Tree (Super Deluxe)
- Miss Sarajevo – Passengers, Luciano Pavarotti – Original Soundtracks 1
- A Sort Of Homecoming – Remastered 2009 – The Unforgettable Fire (Deluxe Edition)
- Angel Of Harlem – Rattle And Hum
- Ultra Violet (Light My Way) – Achtung Baby (Deluxe Edition)
- Walk On – All That You Can’t Leave Behind
- Love Is All We Have Left – Songs Of Experience (Deluxe Edition)
- 13 (There is a Light) – Songs Of Experience (Deluxe Edition)
Congrats! You made it! Look I’ve been slacking off big time to post that one and as an apology you’ll find a little bonus playlist below. It’s not #U2SongChallenge related, just one of mine that you might or might not enjoy. I jokingly called it Bono’s radio back then (Oh universe…) – and yes it was made before the U2xRadio was even a thing and Bono started doing his own playlists. Where do you think he got the idea eh? – Joking. I’m not so full of it yet.
Anyways – Bono’s radio is a compilation of most (if not all) songs he used as snippets during the 2019 JT30. So if you wanna hang out for a few in Bono’s mind, that’s a pretty neat way to do so. You’ll find out that for a man who tends to forget his own lyrics, he knows quite a lot of them !
Enjoy! Or not! As always, your choice.
Duration : 2 hours 6 minutes
- America – Simon & Garfunkel
- California (There is no end to love) – U2
- Black Dog – Led Zeppelin
- It’s Only Rock’N’Roll (But I Like It) – The Rolling Stones
- Invisible – U2
- Fall At Your Feet – Crowded House
- Rebel Rebel – David Bowie
- Beds Are Burning – Midnight Oil
- Devil Inside – INXS
- Into My Arms – Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
- Singing In The Rain – Gene Kelly
- Hallelujah – Leonard Cohen
- Daddy’s Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car – U2
- Never Tear Us Apart – INXS
- Many Rivers To Cross – Jimmy Cliff
- Raindrops Keep Fallin’ On My Head – B.J Thomas
- I Love Rock’N’Roll – Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
- Heroes – David Bowie
- Run – Snow Patrol
- Gloria – Van Morrison
- Not Fade Away – Buddy Holly
- Take Me To The River – Al Green
- All You Need Is Love – The Beatles
- Gloria : In Excelsis Deo – Patti Smith
- The Boxer – Simon & Garfunkel
- Mannish Boy – Muddy Waters
- Stand By Me – Ben E. King
- She Loves You – The Beatles
- Live Forever – Oasis
- Rock’N’Roll High School – Ramones
- Waltzing Matilda – Slim Dusty